Monday, December 11, 2006

Microsoft Office makes encouraging strides ("but who cares? is my comment)

I saw this article. I still use Office but with OS9. I will not pay for a Microsoft product. I know people will go ahead and upgrade but the reason is why?
Dr. Eric Flescher, Olathe, KS (dreric1kansas@aol.com)

Microsoft Office makes encouraging strides
USAToday
By Edward C. Baig

Pros
"New ribbon user vinterfaces makes it easier to find command. Live preview options let you change bfore you apply them.
Cons
Pricey. Learnign curve for existing Office customers (high?). Potential confusion over new file formats. No compelling reason to upgrade for folks comfortable with status quo."
http://floridatoday.gns.gannettonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061130/TECH01/609070439/1001/TECH

No comments: